Like Cornbread but So Much Better!
Corn can sure take a lot of different forms
and this one is delicious.
Here at Magical Mexico we like to offer original recipes. Sometimes though, someone else has done such a good job developing a recipe that we just have to pass it along as is! While not necessarily a Mexican recipe, corn is a native of Mexico. Following is an outstanding corn casserole recipe based on a recipe from Food Network star, Paula Dean. Enjoy!
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, melted butter and eggs.
- Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Put a knife in the middle to make sure it is done.
- Serve warm.